How can I study after a full day of work?
Hit The Play Button Below To Listen To My Podcast Or Scroll Down To Read The Blog.
12 to 14 hours I have to invest daily for office work and traveling. On many weekends, I need to go to the office. I wanted to upgrade my skills and qualification. How can I study after a full day of work? It's a common question asked by employed folks always.
The job promotion or salary increment and even getting a new job are challenging for people like you. Skills and educational qualification upgrades are often referred by your bosses and recruiters while offering benefits. But, many employed folks prefer to postpone enrolling for a course out of fear of lack of time to study after a full day of work. In this article, I am going to share 3 top hacks which will help you to spare a minimum of 1 hour daily to study after a full day of work. Follow the below given 3 simple tips or hacks, to achieve your goal successfully.
Hack # 1 Remove all distractions
- Quit now from all WhatsApp groups at least for the duration of your training program, maybe 6 months or 3 years. Instead, meet all your friends once a year during get-togethers
- Uninstall Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other apps which sucks the time. Open your personal email box only twice a day
- Talk to all your family members, your boss, and close friends to inform them about your study plan. Avoid attending all events except a few important
Technology addiction is killing your valuable time. The tons of powerful videos on social media replace your thoughts. If you need help to come out of technology addiction, a lot of free counseling programs are available on youtube. Refer to those or consult the nearest counselor. If you are a parent, your technology addiction may impact your child's habits. Do not forget your bosses. They may spy on you to find out your time spent on social media during office hours.
Hack # 2 Make an after-work study plan (and stick to it)
- Be very specific on study time. For Eg If you decide to spare 1 hour daily, then use this only for study. Record audio notes in your voice on your phone
- Use traveling time effectively to listen to available audiobooks on your subject
- Give yourself 30-minutes to 1-hour of rest before studying
You may use the app called Google Keep to plan your study, get reminders and, classify the task's priority.
Hack # 3 Use the 3R technique: Read. Recite. Review
- Read a section of the chapter. Then close the book and hide your notes
- Recite (speak aloud) everything you can remember about what you've just read. You don't need fancy equipment. You can recite to yourself, to a friend, to your cat, or even to your coffee mug or a plant in your room. Record this section on your mobile when you speak aloud.
- Review the section by reading it again to correct anything you got wrong, or to revisit important information that you overlooked when you recited
Give yourself 1-hour of rest before studying
Give yourself 1-hour of rest before studying - After working all day you definitely deserve some time to eat, unwind, and relax before hitting the books for the night. After study or revision of your course work, do not watch videos or tv for at least 2 hours that are not related to the topic of your study this day. All your study work which you just stored in your memory, may be replaced by the relevant videos which you are watching.
There are 4 popular learning styles-
- Read & Write Learning
- Auditory learning
- Visual learning
- Kinesthetic learning.
Every individual may have an inclination towards one or multiple learning styles. By going through a Psychometric assessment you may find your learning style. You may visit our website for AI-based assessment
For employed folks to maintain a work-life balance is really challenging. When someone decides to enroll for a course with some specific duration, his or her challenge becomes tough. You may overcome easily with the support of your family and boss. Be transparent with your family and boss on this. And implement my tips given above. Click on PLAY below to listen to the full podcast.
Wishing you success.
If you find the tips useful, mention below the most useful tip that you like or share this blog with your needy friend.