MCA programme is designed and offered by SGV University which is recognized by UGC, DEB and AICTE. It help students to meet the increasing demand of qualified professionals in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology. It emphasizes on the application of software’s to solve scientific as well as commercial problems. The programme provides thorough and sound background in theoretical and practical application including latest trends in software development. MCA is the dynamic course designed to provide foundation for research in the core and emerging areas of the discipline.
Every enrolled student is entitled to get the below given –
- Study Book
- Practice Test
- Reference Video Library
- Dedicated Student Relationship Officer Access to resolve queries
- Passed with min 45% in B.Sc. with Mathematics or possessing technical degree e.g. B.Tech/ BE./ BCA/ Any Master Degree in any Subject
- Duration: Minimum 3 years & Max 6 years
- Person who has completed Graduate and PGDCA / BCA graduate are eligible for MCA-Lateral – ( II Year)
Duration of Course
- 3 years / 6 semesters
- To lay sound foundation for conceptual understanding with an insight into the intricacies of software and dynamic business environment
- To provide excellent theoretical and practical exposure in the algorithm designing & optimization, programming, network & database management, mobile technologies and more.
- To guide the students for better knowledge of computer applications and develop programming skills coupled with managerial skills to help students meet the rising manpower demands of the global IT industry.
- To equip students with emotional maturity, analytical ability, cross functional capability and skills to operate effectively in multicultural global business environment.
Duration of Programme : 3 years / 6 semesters
Program Delivery : Sessions will be delivered by faculties through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via Internet to student desktops/laptops or classrooms
Programme Schedule : The schedule for every semester is given to student by University
Pedagogy (The method and practice of teaching):
The pedagogy comprises lectures by eminent faculty who has teaching as well as Industry experience. Concepts will be explained using examples drawn from the real life and will cover current trends and market practices. All enrolled students will also be provided access to Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials, assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the e-library for reference video’s and e-books 24 X 7 via Cloud Campus & Mobile App.
Live Lectures by experienced faculty
Interactive live online sessions for major subjects are rolled out on monthly basis ensuring that the students are able to understand the topic and connect with faculty for query resolution.
Sessions will be delivered by faculties through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via Internet to student desktops/laptops or classrooms
Assessment or Examinations are conducted by University which is mainly divided in 2 parts as given below-
- Internal assessment : 30%
- End/Final Examination : 70%
Passing Criteria – Student has to score minimum 40% to pass each exam
Certificate of Completion:
On the payment of all due fees and upon satisfying the requisite evaluation/certification criteria of the course, the participants will be awarded a certificate of completion issued by concerned University directly.
Application Start Date: Every January and July
Last date of application : It differs University to University, interested candidates need to explore more for last date
Batch starts from : Every January and July