Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is a 3 year graduation programme in computer science. The course is designed to meet the growing demand for qualified professionals in the field of IT. The curriculum of BCA course offered by SGVU-DE is designed considering the need of different Software Houses in India and abroad and has a high job potential in IT Sector.
Every enrolled student is entitled to get the below given –
- Study Book
- Practice Test
- Reference Video Library
- Dedicated Student Relationship Officer Access to resolve queries
- 10+2 Passed with 45% marks having Mathematics as one of the subject
Duration of Course
- 3 years / 6 semesters
- To provide strong academic base with broad perspective for advanced career in computer application.
- To develop students professional competencies in computer systems for key functional areas along with its designing and implementation.
- To develop competent professionals capable of addressing problems related to computer systems and its applications.
- Conceptual grounding in computing with practical business application to develop entry level professionals suitable for ever increasing demands of IT sector.
Duration of Programme : 3 years / 6 semesters
Program Delivery : Sessions will be delivered by faculties through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via Internet to student desktops/laptops or classrooms
Programme Schedule : The schedule for every semester is given to student by University
Pedagogy (The method and practice of teaching):
The pedagogy comprises lectures by eminent faculty who has teaching as well as Industry experience. Concepts will be explained using examples drawn from the real life and will cover current trends and market practices. All enrolled students will also be provided access to Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials, assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the e-library for reference video’s and e-books 24 X 7 via Cloud Campus & Mobile App.
Live Lectures by experienced faculty
Interactive live online sessions for major subjects are rolled out on monthly basis ensuring that the students are able to understand the topic and connect with faculty for query resolution.
Sessions will be delivered by faculties through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via Internet to student desktops/laptops or classrooms
Assessment or Examinations are conducted by University which is mainly divided in 2 parts as given below-
- Internal assessment : 30%
- End/Final Examination : 70%
Passing Criteria – Student has to score minimum 40% to pass each exam
Certificate of Completion:
On the payment of all due fees and upon satisfying the requisite evaluation/certification criteria of the course, the participants will be awarded a certificate of completion issued by concerned University directly.
Application Start Date: Every January and July
Last date of application : It differs University to University, interested candidates need to explore more for last date
Batch starts from : Every January and July